As most of you know, we have three dogs: two Siberian Husky's (Alex and Raz) and one Doberman mix (Winnie). They have been great with the baby so far. They haven't shown any agression to her or each other. They run outside when she cries too loud (cowards). They all like to come up and sniff her occassionally, but usually leave it at that. Keyword is "usually" in that sentence. Last weekend, I put Sydney in her swing and walked across the room for a second enjoying the idea of her being asleep. Mr. sneaky Alex walked over to the swing and proceeded to lick her face! (Not pretty if you've smelled his breath lately and everyone knows where a dog's mouth has been.) Anyway, I didn't want to scream at him because I didn't want her to wake up so I had to do that lower volumed "No!!!!" The funny part of this is that Alex has really shown no interest in her since she's been home. We've recently put him on steroids to help with his back legs which has given him back a puppy attitude where he is getting into things again, like our baby's face!
Pictured above is "after the licking incident". Alex, Winnie and a seemingly unharmed/undisturbed Sydney continues to sleep in her swing.
No comments:
Post a Comment