Monday, June 14, 2010

Potty Training!

We started off strong with the potty training. I bought a comfy seat cushion, an Elmo Potty Time video and we were off to the races the next day! She had a successful poop on the potty the very first attempt. She even told me she had to go on day 2 and successfully made the drop that day too. I thought to myself, surely this can't be this easy. Of course it isn't. If I don't catch her right before she is going to poo, she still quietly finds a place for privacy to go in her diaper, then finds me afterwards. Catching her before she pees is even more difficult, especially with as pregnant as I am. Potty training takes a TON of energy, of which I just don't have much. I really think that Syd is just going to be one of those kids that will decide when it's time for her. Usually things happen on her terms, so why would I expect this to be different. The trick will be to manipulate her into thinking this was her idea. Oh well, we'll keep trying. In the meantime, we celebrate each success. The photo is of her first time on the potty.

No comments: